Key Insights from Dentons Family Office Direct Investing Survey Report
We are pleased to share that Dentons, the world’s largest law firm, has published its Dentons Family Office Direct Investing Survey Report. Following the completion of a comprehensive survey of multiple sources from nearly 200 family offices in 32 countries, the report outlines family offices’ outlook for 2023 and the key factors driving their investment strategies.
“This analysis, informed by leading family office principals and executives globally, had not existed before now,” says Edward Marshall, global head of Dentons’ Family Office and High Net Worth (DFO) sector and advisory board member at The UHNW Institute. “The report provides actionable, differentiated, and valuable insights to our clients and the broader family office community as investment strategies for 2023 are refined. Family offices now have data where they can evaluate their direct investment-related activities against peers of their own size and geography. This decision-making intelligence is what we aim to provide our family office clients worldwide.”
According to Dentons, some key insights from the survey include:
- Skepticism around digital asset investments is on the rise, but some family offices are still looking at this asset class.
- The top priority for family offices in 2023 is improved deal flow.
- Family offices are defensively positioned to help circumvent market volatility.
- Family offices are grappling with numerous direct investment challenges, including taking on too much operational risk, finding high-quality deal flow, having control of exit options and finding enough time for proper due diligence.
- Family offices use diversification, with 85% of family offices believing in broad diversification of factors, and 74% using diversification across geographies.
- A majority of respondents agree that deep expertise in specialist areas is the most important criterion when selecting an external partner, service provider or supplier.
Click here to download the full Dentons Family Office Direct Investing Survey Report. As always, if you have any questions about the report or joining The UHNW Institute, please do not hesitate to contact us.