Standing in Solidarity: Supporting Peace and Humanitarian Relief
As you may be aware, The UHNW Institute has consistently offered resources for our members during times of conflict and emergency need – be it a wildfire in Hawaii, a weather-related act of nature or a conflict between nations. The recent attack by Hamas on Israel and the continued violence in the region that has resulted from it are devastating, and we mourn the loss of innocent lives in both Israel and Palestine, including the Americans among those who perished.
We recognize that members of our UHNW Institute community are likely affected by the horrible acts that have occurred since Saturday, October 7th, and our thoughts are with you. In a complex world, it is in moments like these where commitment to respect, understanding and empathy and how we model those values with our clients becomes most critical. We must remain acutely conscious of the profound histories, pain and aspirations that are interwoven in this conflict and recognize the weight of emotions that drive behaviors.
The Institute’s Social Impact and Philanthropy domain recommends the list of organizations below that provide humanitarian relief and aim to promote peace and reconciliation. Please reach out if you or your clients have specific questions or a more direct need.
The Social Impact & Philanthropy Domain, The UHNW Institute
- Doctors Without Borders provides immediate medical aid during humanitarian emergencies. More information and donation page here.
- Save the Children focuses specifically on getting resources to affected children. More information and donation page here.
- The International Rescue Committee uses direct, on-the-ground knowledge to assess needs and provide critical, life-saving humanitarian relief to affected civilian populations. More information and donation page here.
- Palestine Children’s Relief Fund is a humanitarian organization working in Palestine to deliver medical and humanitarian aid to children affected by the airstrikes in Gaza. More information and donation page here.
- American Friends of Magen David Adom is the Israeli equivalent of the Red Cross. Mike Bloomberg is matching dollars. Donations can be made here.
Peace and Reconciliation:
- ALLMEP (the Alliance for Middle East Peace) is a coalition of more than 170 non-governmental organizations, including tens of thousands of Palestinians and Israelis, for Palestinian and Israeli peacebuilding. It is currently assisting in emergency response. More information and donation page here.
- The Carter Center has been promoting peace in Israel and Palestine since the 1990s. “Through election observation, conflict resolution and human rights work in the occupied Palestinian territory, the Carter Center has developed strong relations among key Israeli and Palestinian political leaders, electoral officials, civil society leaders and human rights practitioners,” the organization says. More information and donation page here.